Mozart and a little story!

I finished the Mozart painting on the very last night of the exhibition. An amazing thing happened on the first day of the painting. It was evening, around 9pm, and I had Mozart's Piano Concerto playing on the laptop for inspiration as I painted. I'd stopped to talk to one of the security guys, when I heard the same piano playing coming from somewhere down in the foyer. Looking down, we saw a little nine-year-old girl playing Mozart on the piano, to concert standards! It turns out Natalie and her family were from the Czech republic, visiting the UK. Her playing was so beautiful and stunning, it was as though a little female Mozart had turned up in the room. Apparently she has won awards, which doesn't surprise me, I was brought close to tears by her performance!

So my current exhibition has come to an end. It will be very sad to end it, I've met lots of wonderful, kind, and friendly people, and I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words. Thank you also to everyone who added themselves to my mailing list.

I'd also like to thank the Fairfield Halls for their hospitality and helpful staff, you've all been great!
Here's to another exhibition very soon.

Comments

SEILER said…
Painting looks great Paul, nice color usage!
Marlo said…
Moyse, that's a great manipulation of reality! You started with a really fun drawing and added lovely specific colors... all around great decision making. horay! it's a lot of fun.
Nico Di Mattia said…
Excellent painting! I like it a lot!
Nelson Santos said…
Really nice one man.
Mark Heng said…
Diggit, Man! I gotta ask you, do you use acrylic retarder to slow the drying time?

Popular Posts