Two Obamas and a Hillary!

These are two illustrations I've done using mainly the same reference for Obama. I would normally avoid this at all costs, but I think as long as the results are different for each piece, it's acceptable. The reference is really just a guide for lighting, and most of the time I work from two or three references. In this case, the lighting happened to suit both compositions. The first piece above was done last year for the Radio Times, and the print size was really small, so I didn't worry too much about the detail, the key issue was fitting everything into the composition, and still have it stand out when reduced.

The second piece was done yesterday for the Weekly Standard, another quickie, less than 24 hrs, but this time I had the Friday night free as well, often I've had a piece to do for them on the same day as a gig, giving me even less time. So it was about 14 hrs total.
The art director added the finishing touches to the text (see below).




Comments

Steve Hearn said…
Great work Paul... keep it up!
Nelson Santos said…
Obama looks like a camel in the desert of ideas :)
DELOIRE said…
Congratulations, good realisation !
Paul Moyse said…
Nelson, you make me laugh!!

Thanks guys!
Anonymous said…
Great likeness, as always
bunnydee said…
I love the likeness. Both pieces have great energy.
Tooninator said…
Great job on such a quick turnaround. I like the bottom illustration
SEILER said…
Nice job, and good colors in there!
kencoogan said…
Looking great Paul!! That's also one of the best Hilary's I've seen to date.
I like the gardener obama, yer blog is wicked good. man your puttin' out a LOT of quality work man!
Igor Dorneles said…
Nossa ficou muito bom, mas acho que você nem vai entender o que eu escrevi.

Popular Posts