Rembrant

Painting this was probably the most enjoyable experience I've had with my art so far. It was for the August/September Face/Off competition on the NCN forum, and it was my first time painting with oils at this level. I've dabbled with them before, but had no idea about use of colour, mixing etc, so the results left me frustrated, and therefore disillusioned. For this competition, I and the other contestants were lucky enough to get lots of advice from the highly experienced judges, who are Court Jones, Erik Gist, and Lucas Graciano.

I am completely converted to painting with oils, and look forward to the next piece. Watch this space for the result of the competition!

Comments

Emily Byrne said…
It's a beautiful piece on many levels.
Bravo!
JPA studios said…
The best work I've seen you do dude, You should be well pleased with it
MICHEL CASADO said…
Awesome picture. One more shelf portrait...
Paul Moyse said…
Thanks guys, it was fun to do!

Popular Posts