Jeff Buckley



Here's another one for the exhibition. I've included some early progression shots, I take photos at various stages anyway, so I can see how things look through the viewfinder. It helps give distance from the piece and therefore makes it easier to see the corrections needed. The progress shots are from my phone, hence the incorrect colours. My palette for this was Vermillion, Ultramarine, Yellow Ochre, and Titanium white. No black!

Jeff Buckley, for those who haven't heard of him, had success with just the one album 'Grace', and then drowned whilst swimming in the Mississippi River before he could finish the second. His rendition of the Leonard Cohen song 'Hallelujah', has recently been re-released and reached number two in the UK.
*********
(UPDATE: If you would like an invite to the opening night of my exhibition (7pm, Feb 2nd), please email me as soon as possible.)

Comments

Pito said…
EXCELENTEEEEEE!!!!!!

Great work man.

Saludos
kencoogan said…
Woah! Stunning painting there Paul.
I love this guy, and I was lucky enough to see him live when he toured here back in '95.
It's such a shame that he only ever released one album because what was to come would have blown everyone away. By the way, that X Factor winner completely destroyed 'Hallelujah'. There will only ever be one version of that song. Anyway, rant over.
Again, fantastic painting and all the best for the exhibition!!!
Nelson Santos said…
Great job Paul specially on the shadows.
J.BOSCO said…
excellet,fantastic!!!!
J.Bosco
SEILER said…
Nice work Paul, looks really great!
Pavel Jakubec said…
Hi,Paul,your work is very nice!
Nico Di Mattia said…
Excellent work Paul!
Tim Bye said…
Top notch painting Paul! I like your approach here - very original
Rhi. said…
Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Popular Posts