Rembrant Result...


Now that it's been announced over on the NCN forum, it's safe to announce it here too. My Rembrant was chosen for first place in the August/September Face/Off competition (see earlier post). First prize was an original gouache painting of Jack Nicholson (above) by Erik Gist, presented by Court Jones at the NCN convention in Reno. My thanks go to the judges for their hard work helping all the contestants through the challenge, and to the other contestants for giving me reason to work harder.

Comments

Marco Bucci said…
Congrats on it Paul! It was a fun contest. The stuff I learned on the Sargent piece has been helping me so much in recent painting sessions. I'm sure it's the same for you.
Paul Moyse said…
Thanks Marco. I think the main thing I've learnt is the importance of going in with a really good sketch. If I'd have settled for the second to last sketch, I wouldn't have won. I look forward to seeing more of your excellent work!
Emily Byrne said…
Well-deserved! Bravo, Paul, and it was great to meet you in Reno!

Popular Posts